Go your own way with the new Bus Travel Benefit
2/17/2017 1:37:40 PM
This benefit will be rolled out in stages, enabling any operational issues to be addressed before it's made available to all Queensland Government employees. Refer below for the full list of departments and agencies that can currently access this benefit.
We are excited to now be able to offer employees under the Qld Government salary packaging arrangement a new way to make an everyday expense like bus travel cheaper.
From today you will be able to package your bus travel expenses to and from work on TransLink’s bus network within South East Queensland, stretching north to Gympie, south to Coolangatta and west to Helidon.
The new bus travel benefit could help you save money by paying for bus travel (to and from work) with pre-tax dollars, using TransLink’s go Bus Travel Benefit card. What’s more, the card is automatically loaded with your pre-tax dollars when the balance falls below $5 so you don’t have to worry about topping up.
The card will work the same as a go card and will let you pay for bus travel with before-tax dollars. It’s as simple as touching on at the start of your bus ride and touching off at the end.
The bus travel benefit is currently available to:
- Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Energy & Water Supply
- Department of Housing and Public Works
- Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
- Department of Justice & Attorney General
- Department of Natural Resources and Mines
- Department of State Development
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Inspector General of Emergency Management
- Public Safety Business Agency
- Qld Corrective Services
- Qld Fire & Emergency Services
- Qld Police Services
To get on board click here.