Unlock the utilities benefit
This benefit allows you to potentially save on utility bills for your principal place of residence in Australia, such as:
- body corporate fees
- pay/subscription TV
- council rates
- fuel for generators (if no electricity connected to the property
- gas refills (not BBQ)
- water and tank delivery charges (where property is not connected to town water).
Payments can be made directly to utility provider or as a reimbursement back to you. You can set up a once off payment or regular payments depending on how you use these services.
How do I claim?
You can claim online through your RemServ online account. To have a successful claim experience you will need to provide:
- a copy of a valid tax invoice for one-off or regular claims. If setting up a regular direct payment, this should include details of payments to be made (e.g. weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly) and the regular due date (e.g. 15th of each month)
- proof of payment when claiming reimbursement (e.g. bank/credit card statement, copy of provider’s direct debit confirmation, payment receipt)
- the Non-salary Packaging Fringe Benefit Declaration if you receive non-salary packaging fringe benefits.