Do you know all the benefits you could be packaging?
3/2/2016 9:22:33 AM
Check out the wide range of benefits employees have access through salary packaging. These benefits include professional membership and subscription fees, portable electronic devices and even financial adviser fees.
A list of some of the most popular benefits is below or you can find a full list of the benefits you are eligible to claim in your employer information booklet.
- Professional development expenses - work-related study, including fees incurred by work-related conferences, seminars and costs for books relevant to the course of study.
- Work-related expenses - portable electronic devices (laptops, notebooks, iPads and other tablets, PDAs, electronic diaries, mobile phones), printers, tools of trade, computer software and protective clothing. However, only one laptop computer and one table can be salary packaged per year, provided that they are used primarily for work related purposes (1 April- 31 March).
- Financial adviser fees - the cost of advice on investments (excluding the initial visit) can be salary packaged.
- Disability/income protection insurance - the cost of an insurance policy for cover relating to the loss of earnings as a result of illness or disability.
- Professional memberships and subscriptions, newspapers and periodicals - the cost of work-related association memberships, journals, magazines and similar publications.
- Airport lounge membership costs.
So whether it's one benefit or many, salary packaging can offer plenty of ways you could save. To find out more about claiming these benefits, contact us on 1300 30 40 10.