Depending on your role, this benefit allows you to potentially save on utility bills for your principal place of residence in Australia, such as:
- body corporate fees
- pay/subscription TV
- council rates
- fuel for generators (if no electricity connected to the property
- gas refills (not BBQ)
- water and tank delivery charges (where property is not connected to town water).
Payments can be made directly to utility provider or as a reimbursement back to you. You can set up a once off payment or regular payments depending on how you use these services.
For more information about this benefit and your eligibility criteria, please refer to the Employee Information Booklets and Benefit Item Fact Sheets which can be found here.
How do I claim?
You can claim online through your RemServ online account. To have a successful claim experience you will need to provide:
- a copy of a valid tax invoice for one-off or regular claims. If setting up a regular direct payment, this should include details of payments to be made (e.g. weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly) and the regular due date (e.g. 15th of each month)
- proof of payment when claiming reimbursement (e.g. bank/credit card statement, copy of provider’s direct debit confirmation, payment receipt)
- the Non-salary Packaging Fringe Benefit Declaration if you receive non-salary packaging fringe benefits.